Frequently asked questions
Got question? We answer. 🤔
Here are some of the most common / frequently asked questions that our pawrent customers and friends have. Let us know if you cannot find your answers here! Simply email us at email@example.com. 🙋🏻♀️
Just like you, we are pet parents too. We know that most pet parents would love to give their best to their furkids (what about you?). We advocate feeding fresh healthy meals like home cooked food to pets so they can live happier and longer. It is as simple as that (for now 😉).
For pawrents, by pawrents.
We really believe that to have good health, the diet must be fresh and made of real ingredients. This is the same for both hoomans and pets.
We know your pet means the whole world to you, because our pets mean the same to us as well. So we are here to help prolong your furkid’s life by providing the healthiest food for him.
Our journey began in mid 2016, when we started almost a year long period of researching and consulting vets, overseas certified pet nutritionists and veterinary professors). We only began making Pawmeal publicly available towards the end 2017. We’re grateful to have grown over the last 5 years, and have more exciting plans in store for you. Read more about our Pawmeal story here. 🤗
You can’t hurry when switching your dog to a new food. If your dog has been eating kibbles (dry food) or commercial wet food all along, we encourage a proper transition process when introducing Pawmeal (not suddenly change to feed 100% Pawmeal (or any other food) immediately).
When introducing new foods, it’s perfectly normal if you see your dog have soft stools. This is the process of your pup’s body understanding the new food and adapting to it. Give your dog time and don’t be alarmed by it. This is why it is especially important to start slow and go slower. (For a start, mix ¼ Pawmeal with ¾ of existing food – refer to our diagram below).
For more details on the transition guideline to full Pawmeal, you can also view this guide here.
Besides feeding as complete meals, you can feed Pawmeal as a topper on top of your dog’s existing food like dry food (making it wetter and have more moisture and nutritious) too!
If your pup has certain food allergies, we invite you to discuss with us and we will do our best to work out a customised solution for your dog. (Terms and conditions apply!)
See more here.
We formulate, prepare and serve 8 different healthy recipes that are gently cooked, vacuum sealed and frozen for your dogs. Our fresh cooked food comes in standard packs of 80g / 200g (standard Pawmeal).
Your dog eats healthier, becomes happier and lives longer. You will also experience a personal level of customer service because we treat every customer like a friend, and every dog like our own dog too.
See the full overview of our benefits here.
We use only natural ingredients and real meat. (Not the nasty ‘4Ds’ – diseased, dying, dead and disabled animals). We also limit organs to 10% of our recipes, unlike most pet foods who include a lot more organs and count them as ‘meats’ to lower costs.
Our ingredients are all sourced from restaurant suppliers that are human-grade and ethically farmed. Our beef, pork and poultry are also hormone-free, antibiotics-free and farmed in a conducive breeding environment. We do not add preservatives, by-products, fillers and artificial flavouring. And all the food cooked is cooled, packed, sealed and put in the freezer in less than 2 hours. All these to ensure maximum freshness and so all the natural nutrients can reach your dog’s tummy!
80% of picky dogs love Pawmeal! (It can never be 100%, so we are pretty happy with our results so far. 😅)
But no la, we are just average hoomans really. At the end of the day, we believe that our difference is offering a kind of fresh dog food that is made with 🧡 and science from scratch (after months and months of consultations with vets, pet nutritionists both local and abroad) that your furkid loves and is good for your furkid’s health. We put you at the centre of our services, and we make sure we deliver to the best of our abilities to you.
We are always constantly working to make Pawmeal appeal to every dog, in a healthy way!
There are several factors that make us different from the other fresh food sellers. The biggest differences about Pawmeal is the quality and quantity of our ingredients.
- Quality of proteins. We can’t say for other businesses, but one of the things that we will never compromise on is the protein source and the freshness of the ingredients that reach our kitchen every day. We make sure that the proteins that we order are the same proteins that are being supplied to human food chains (restaurants, cafes etc). We also make it a point to only accept the leaner parts of every protein in our recipes.
- Quantity of proteins. Protein is the most important energy source for your dog. We are confident to share that Pawmeal uses the most amounts of actual real proteins in our recipes. When we use 60-70% proteins in our recipes, it really is. It means 60-70% of chicken breast, 60-70% of lean pork meat, and so on. What we understand is some fresh food providers include organ meats like the heart and livers as part of the “60%”, “70%” or “80%” that are claimed to be proteins. Actual amount of the non-organ meats? We don’t know.
- We manufacture our own fresh food products. We have our own central kitchen and we manufacture our very own fresh food products.
- 80% of picky dogs eat our food. We love to work together with pet parents whose dogs are picky eaters. Making picky dogs eat is one of the work that we have been doing since we began.
- We follow through on your dog’s life (eating) journey. By becoming a #pawmealdog, your dog gets not just food but a family. We love to find out how your dog is doing with its diet, and we also do our best to improve along the way with your dog.
If you are already cooking for your dog, we’re all too happy because you recognise the importance of a fresh food diet even for our pets! You can also consider ordering from our Cook It Yourself raw ingredients section where we provide ready-prepared ingredients like raw meats and blended raw vegetables. These ingredients are washed, chopped and prepared for you – just cook! This means you save on the time and can cook and prepare your pet’s food the way you prefer it to be!
We also offer our Pawmeal Essential Nutrient Blend supplement (consists of 5 natural ingredients) for purchase separately, so you can add it on top of your own cooking for your furry child.
We always recommend our Trial Plan to dogs who are new to us. It’s a small once-off purchase of 8 meal packs for $48 (usual $63.50), and you get all 8 different flavours! This is to let your dog have a taste test of all our flavours. If your dog has any specific food allergy, feel free to let us know in the Comments section on the checkout page and we will exclude the flavours accordingly!
Currently, Chicken Delight, Pork Delight, Salmon Pork Platter and Duck Beef Platter are listed as individual product listings, for standard 80g or 200g packs. If your dog is picky and wants to have a variation of flavours in each delivery, we recommend that you choose the Assorted Mixed Flavours option where we will deliver 4-8 different recipes in each delivery. You can read more about our current 8 recipes here. Recipe rotation also helps keep your dog excited, while exposing different nutrients and vitamins by eating different ingredients.
As long as your dog does not have more than 1-2 food allergies or need to be on a restricted diet, rest assured that we will include as many variation as we can for each delivery!
Yes! Simply choose “one time” after selecting 80g / 200g and the number of packs when you are at the product page. It will be a “once-off” purchase.
Just 4 easy steps!
1) Take out meal pack from freezer and let it rest on a table for 5-10min.
2) While the meal pack is still cold, break it into half (or your desired feeding portion).
3) Cut open the meal pack and you can push out the meal portion easily into your pup’s bowl.
4) Pour a bit of hot water to add some moisture. (good way to take this chance to make some dogs drink some water!) Mix well, and feed.
We have received feedback that it may be challenging to clean up the last bit of Pawmeal left in the pack when it has thawed. So, you can add ¼ cup of warm water into the pack, shake a little then pour into the food bowl. Alternatively, pour out the food when it is still hard and frozen (this will leave the packaging clean!).
More info here.
It’s actually optional! If you have a fussy dog, or if your dog has a sensitive tummy, you may wish to heat Pawmeal up and serve it warm. This will also bring out the aroma much more than when it is in a cold state. Otherwise, it’s perfectly fine to feed while the food is cold. Some dogs even love it frozen!
We recommend 3 ways to heat up Pawmeal:
- Place the meal pack into a small tray or bowl of hot water
- Make it moist with hot water
- Steam gently
Microwaving is a possible option if you desire further time savings. However, make sure the time to microwave is kept to a minimum to prevent overheating, which may change the taste of the food.
Our usual delivery days are on every weekend (from Fridays evenings to Sundays). We will message you during the weekdays to finalise the delivery time slots for the weekend.
If you need urgent delivery, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp us at 9387 6164. We will do our best to accommodate your request and deliver to you earlier or suggest alternative options.
Please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or WhatsApp us directly at 9387 6164. We usually propose either self collecting at a mutually convenient time or arranging a special delivery to your place.
There may be an additional delivery fee if a separate delivery is arranged (which will be calculated based on distance according to the prevailing taxi or Grab rates at the requested timings).
You will be informed of the scheduled delivery date and timing a few days before the delivery to your doorstep will take place. We will do our best to work out the best complementary arrangement and convenient time for you. However, should you not be home during the scheduled date and timing, we can either arrange to put the meals into a cooler bag or box that you prepare at your doorstep or arrange for an alternative date for delivery.
We seek your kind understanding that we may not be able to accommodate all requests, but we will definitely do our best to work things out with you.
We understand that every dog is different and may have various problems with different ingredients. Therefore, we rolled out 8 recipes to try to cater to as many different requirements as possible. Please visit our menu to have a look at the ingredients for each of our 8 recipes.
If your dog is allergic to a few ingredients, you can still order Pawmeal in standard packs for your dog, while letting us know the allergens or ingredients to avoid in the comments section on the check out page. We will exercise care to omit recipes that are not suitable for your furkid. You can also check out the ingredients we used in every recipe on our menu page to make sure that the ingredients that we use are suitable for your dog.
At the moment, no. We are at pains in considering offering this service – but taking out or replacing a particular ingredient will “disrupt” the nutrient balance (protein, fats, carbohydrate) in the recipes which we formulated with the consultation of veterinary and pet nutritionist professionals.
If there are absolutely zero recipes that are suitable for your dog, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org – let’s talk and we’ll try our best to work something out for your dog.
- Your dog gets exposed to different ingredients – this means intake of different vitamins, nutrients and minerals. (This can only be good. Imagine if we eat chicken rice everyday for our whole life.. 😥)
- Your furkid’s chances of getting food allergy actually reduces (Yes, risk of allergy reduces!) if you keep rotating flavours and ingredients. (Food allergy usually happens when a dog eats a specific ingredient for too long. His digestive system becomes unable to breakdown the specific ingredient as it is fed the same food everyday)
- Your dog stays interested longer, because every meal now will be like a surprise to them!
Currently no. However, we are working behind the scenes to roll out something that we believe will be welcome especially for dogs with food allergies. We need to go through the proper formulation process and hence it will take a bit of time. Please stay around for our updates. ☺️
Can't find your question?
Email us your questions at email@example.com – we will be delighted to address your queries. ❤
You're what you eat.
Your dog too.
Honest and healthy fresh food for your furry friend.